Free to Eligible Individuals!
The Department of Defense has contracted with the Armed Services YMCA to fund memberships at participating YMCAs throughout the United States and Puerto Rico for the Title 10 DoD Military Groups listed below. While this list provides a quick overview, it's important to click here for full eligibility requirements.
- Families of deployed National Guard and Reserves
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed active duty personnel
- Active duty assigned to independent duty
- Community based wounded warrior transition unit
The DoD will underwrite memberships at participating Ys for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals (up to 12 or 18 months depending on eligibility) will be funded based on a military family's or service member's ability to meet the participation requirement of eight visits to a YMCA each month.
To sign up today, follow these simple steps...
- Contact Military OneSource, www.militaryonesource.com or 1-800-342-9647, to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Bring your completed eligibility form, Military ID and other required documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to your closest Y branch for verification (do not leave copies at the Y).