Welcome to the Scheu Family YMCA of Upland!
Our Facilities are open and we are implementing a "phased" approach to reopening our facilities, meaning that we will be opening the facility with limited services, then expanding as safety and health guidelines permit. For information on our COVID-19 Safety Measures, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Scheu Family YMCA of Upland
1150 E. Foothill Blvd
Upland, CA 91786
Check our CURRENT FACILITY CAPACITY (updated live!) to ensure that we are able to accommodate you or your family at this time.
Current Facility Hours:
Monday - Friday: 5:30AM - 6:00PM
Saturday: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Sunday: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Important Notes about Visiting:
To provide the safest experience possible, Members should be aware of the following updated protocols:
- Masks are NOT REQUIRED when working out, but ARE REQUIRED at all other times in the facility.
- Everyone entering the Facility will have their temperature checked.
- Everyone will be required to sign an updated waiver. You can save yourself time by filling it out ahead of time at this link.
- At this time, we are not allowing Day Passes, Guest Passes, or Nationwide Reciprocity Visitors at our Facilities.
The Pool at the Scheu Family YMCA of Upland offers a variety of pool activities such as lap swim, recreational swim, private swim lessons, and much more!
Click here for the Current Swim Schedule
Pool Reservations: To allow as much access to the Pool as possible, we are now offering Swim Lane Reservations during many of our operating hours. A reserved lane may be used by: (2) Lap Swimmers (unless swimmers are in the same household), (2) Aqua Walkers or a group of up to (6) Exercisers (following proper social distancing of at least 6'). Open swimmers may reserve areas of the teaching pool and lap pool that are open within the hour. Reservations are for periods of 1 hour. To allow as fair and equal access as possible, we are asking that no swimmer be in the water for more than 1 hour (1 Swim Period) consecutively.
- Members can reserve a lap lane each hour that our pool is open
- 2 lap swimmers per lane unless they are in the same house hold
- There are 3 lap lanes available each hour which provides a maximum of 6 open slots every hour for lap swim
- Members can reserve a lap lane for aqua walk each hour that our pool is open
- 2 aqua walkers per lane in the open area of the lap pool is provided unless they are in the same household
- There are 3 lanes available for this each hour which provides a maximum of 6 open slots every hour for aqua walk
- Members can reserve a slot for open swim each our that our pool is open
- There are a total of 63 open slots that remain available for open swimmers in regulation with our max capacity in each pool
- Each member participating in open swim must reserve a time slot for the hour they are attending
Click here for Swim Lane Reservations. If extra space permits itself once your duration in the pool has ended, we can extend your swim time if requested to the lifeguard on duty.
*Please ensure you book your time slot prior to arrival to avoid any delays*
Available Facility Amenities:
Information will be updated as we move through the reopening phases.
Outdoor Training Facility (Limited Capacity)
Basketball Court (Single person or household practice only)
Pool (Lap and Open Swim)
Locker Room open for Restrooms only
Fitness studios for individual stretching
Showers, Lockers, Changing Area
Youth Enrichment Programs
Group Exercise Classes
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Here are some of the updates we've made to our facility to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Floor Markings & Shields:
Floor markings have been installed to ensure proper distancing for those waiting in line. We have also installed clear shields at our Front Desk to provide greater safety.
Equipment Spacing and Disinfecting:
We've arranged our Workout Floor and Studios to maximize the distance between equipment and provide at least 6ft between members. Some equipment has been taken out of service to provide proper distancing.
Lockers and Showers:
Lockers and showers are unavailable until further notice.
No-Contact Registration & Check-In:
We're moving our registration process entirely online. If you don't already have online registration enabled for your account, we'll help get you set up! Check-In will be done via keytags or the Daxko YMCA App on your phone!
The pool table, couch, and promenade tables have been removed in accordance with CDC social distancing guidelines.
Member Temperature/Health Checks:
We'll be taking the temperature of every Member and Staff person that enters the building. Anyone showing an elevated temperature or COVID-19 symptoms will not be able to utilize the facility.